Saturday, December 10, 2011

How do I copy screensavers ?& backgrounds from my laptop so I can install them on my desktop computer to use?

hi. I would like to install some screensavers and backgrounds from my laptop onto my desktop computer and do not know where the files are, if I can do this and if so, how I would do it exactly. A guy at Circuit CIty once used some small USB device perhaps to try to install another screensaver from another computer because the one that was on my laptop, that I returned, was not working... I do not know how he did it and if there is an easier way to do it - such as emailing the files to my desktop and downloading them or copying them somehow to a disc onto the desktop.





Can someone pls tell me how to do this - where they are (screensavers and all desktop backgrounds) I know I can browse to find desktop backgrounds but I really would like to install them onto my desktop so I can see them in the list of screensavers and backgrounds when you right click on the desktop, go to properties - where you normally would choose these things from.





Please help!!! :o) Thanks!!!|||path of your default wallpapers


C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper


you can use many different file formats like jpg,gif,bmp ( and in some cases an HTML file *.htm )


in xp right click on picture %26gt; choose "set as desktop background "


you can find screensaver files with scr suffix ( *.scr) in


c:\windows\system32





but you can copy your scr files where ever you want


than right click on it %26gt; choose " install "|||Just open your search engine on your laptop and choose photos and pictures.,choose advanced options in the search engine itself and click on search .Don't forget to choose search in hidden folders..





I bet you'll get all your photos in seconds..





And use bluetooth(if integrated) or pendrive to transfer the photos to another computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment