Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to DELETE pictures from your desktop backgrounds?

On the internet i found a picture i like and set it as my background. And now i dont like and want to perminatley delete it. I dont want to change pictures i want to delete it. I already deleted that picture from "my pictures" but cant get it off desktop backgrounds. My opperating system is windows xp. Ive tried to search for it in computer search engines but still cant find it. Ive also tried to look in hidden files but still cant find it. Thanks|||Windows puts the background images you use in its "Wallpaper" folder. All you have to do is search for main drive for "Wallpaper" and turn on "include hidden and protected files" and you'll find it. Mine was installed in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper.|||Since you set the desktop like this using windows xp:





Start -%26gt; Control Panel.





Open "Display" and click on the "Desktop" tab.


The background is selectable using the "Browse" button.


You should be able to click "Browse" and delete the picture by doing a right click on the filename and choose delete.





I can do it and I have the same operating system.|||Okay goto your desktop, right click properties, then goto the desktop tab. It's wierd your desktop will still stay the same reguardless if you deleted the picture or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment