Saturday, December 10, 2011

I have a question about desktop backgrounds?

I am having trouble keeping a picture on my desktop background


every time i put a picture on it ,it stays until i turn off my computer


when i turn on my computer the picture goes off , is any thing i can do


do resolve this issue with out paying to have it fixed?|||Like one other answer said, if you have Vista, ditch it asap. I tried Vista for about 6 hours before I uninstalled it and went back to Windows XP. =)


Anyway, when I set a desktop picture, I go to CONTROL PANEL--%26gt;DISPLAY (right click once to open it.), and click the BROWSE button on the window that opens up to look through pictures saved to your "My Pictures" file.


Choose the one you want (make sure it is jpeg only. Some gif images show up only as squares with a red x in them), and click to OPEN it. This will appear on the opened window mentioned above. Decide if you want the picture centered (I use this because of all the icons I have on my desktop of games, etc), tiled (more than one of the same picture--usually 6-8 depending on its size), or stretched (doesn't work with all pictures. Makes them look funny or strange--especially if it is a person). You can also choose a background color by clicking the arrow on the drop down menu and adjust whatever color you choose as to darkness, or lightness. Once decided, click to add it to the color panel, click on it to highlight it, and then click OK).


At the bottom of the window are 3 buttons--OK, Cancel, Apply--with black lettering. Click APPLY first, wait till it fades to gray, and then click OK.


If you are referring to a Screen Saver picture, click that tab on the window, and choose from None to a variety of designs listed or the XP logo on black, and click the Apply/OK buttons again. Either way, your picture should be set.|||click right mouse and you will see personalize and there is desktop background, click this one, u will see and change anyway you wish.|||You must have windoze vista. Vista is the worst OS to come around since their last disaster "Millennium"





You may need to take "ownership" of the computer before making changes like desktop backgrounds.


But, I gravitated away from Vista within 6 months of realizing it is crap.





Your computer is reverting the changes as a "security" measure.. ..I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment